Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Doeblerghini Wedding Invite Reveal

Ok my lovelies!  The invites are in the mail and we're starting to get some RSVPs back, so I think it's safe to put up the invitation detail post.  Settle in!

If you remember correctly, a long time ago, Dude and I decided on a "The Theme is There is No Theme" themed wedding.

Our only requirement was that the theme/no theme be bright, fun,  and colorful.  Our original colors were orange and grey, which became a little to blaaahh for a mid-summer wedding.  Perfect for our original September wedding date, but I kept feeling like it was a little dark for summer. 

So we expanded the colors to include bright pink and lime green. 

Can I tell you how impossible it was to find any sort of wedding invitation template with those colors that wasn't a Mexican Fiesta-themed birthday party?

With no other options, I ended up designing the invitations myself.  Thankfully, it wasn't as much of a headache as designing the Save the Dates - Dude and I pretty much agreed on everything except the fonts!

Without further ado, here you go!  Details blurred out to discourage you party crashers out there! 

Here's what our guests saw when opening our envelopes:

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Wedding Invite Details - Envelope Lined


 
And what they took out of the envelope:  (Sorry for the crappy quality, not sure what happened here!)
 
Doeblerghini Bunch:  Wedding Invite Details - Invite bundled
 
The belly band was just a 10" strip of charcoal ribbon, held together on the back with a Glue Dot and 1.5" Dude & Laura seal on the front.
 
Doeblerghini Bunch:  Wedding Invite Details - Belly Band
 
On the top of the stack was the RSVP in an awesome shimmery orange envelope.
 


Doeblerghini Bunch:  Wedding Invite Details - RSVP Card
 
This was a combination of all the things I loved about other people's RSVP's, but I absolutely cannot take credit for the wording at the top, it was shamelessly stolen from The Bartering Bride.
 
And then the Accommodations card with info about the shuttle service we're providing, as well as our website address again for those who missed it on the save the dates. 
 
Doeblerghini Bunch:  Wedding Invite Details - Accommodations Card

Next up was the Directions Card (front):

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Wedding Invite Details - Directions Card Front

And back, with my hand-drawn map!  Not gonna lie, pretty proud of that sucker!  I hope people flip the card over and see it.

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Wedding Invite Details - Directions Card Back

And finally, the most important part - the invitation!!

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Wedding Invite Details - The Invitation

It's really hard to pick a favorite detail, but if I had to pick just one, it would be the little "yinzer bubbles" on the accommodation and directions cards.  My Mom wasn't a fan, so in the end, half of the invites got a picture of a car and a bed in those bubbles instead.

For you detail snobs like me, here's what you've been waiting for:

Designing
I designed every piece of this invitation in Adobe Photoshop CS3; and everything printed by VistaPrint was designed using their templates. 
Sacramento is the scripty font
Oswald is the block sans-serif font
Madame Klara is the serif font used for the "Joyfully" section of the invite

Printing
Invitations were 5x7 and printed by VistaPrint
Accommodations and Directions cards were both 4x6" and printed by VistaPrint
RSVP cards were 3.5x5" and printed on our home printer, 4 to a page, and cut down by hand.  We purchased linen-textured cardstock at Hobby Lobby for $0.50/sheet and had no issues.  We could tell it wasn't the same paper, but I doubt our guests could.
Seals were 1.5" and printed on our home printer, on white cardstock, 20 to a page, and hand-punched with this 1.5" hole punch
The RSVPs were all numbered on the back based on our address list, so we won't be wondering who is RSVPing "no"!  To be honest, I realized there was no name line for the No RSVPers three days before my Mom and I were planning on putting them all together - woops!

Envelopes
All envelopes were hand-addressed.  I did the RSVPs and my Mom calligrified the main envelopes.
The main envelopes were from Cards and Pockets, their 5.25x7.25" Euro Envelope in Dark Grey
The RSVP envelopes were also from Cards and Pockets, their RSVP Euro Envelope in Flame
We used a combination of Harry Potter, Pixar, and Jimi Hendrix stamps for the RSVPs and the stereotypical wedding stamps for the main envelope.
All envelopes were stamped with our awesome custom address stamp from Invitation Box.  Fair warning -  the black ink took HOURS to dry on the shimmery RSVP envelopes. 

I think that covers everything!  If anyone out there has questions, or needs help, please feel free to email me!  I'm also more than willing to share my PSD templates to anyone who wants them.

No comments:

Post a Comment