Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Crafting the Perfect Out of Town Guest Welcome Bag

A few weeks before her wedding, BM NYC asked me to help to create her Out of Town Guest Welcome bags.  This will henceforth be abbreviated as OOTG Bags. 

Saying henceforth makes me feel so fancy pants.  I feel like I should be wearing elbow-length gloves and sipping champagne when I type it! 

Anyways, I pretty much leapt at the opportunity knowing I may not have the chance to create them for my wedding.  And with only 20-something bags to create, she gave me enough of a budget to put together something really nice for her guests.

In case you couldn’t tell from her nickname, BM NYC  lives in, you guessed it, New York City.  Her fiancĂ© and his family is from there as well; and since the wedding would be the first time many of them would be visiting Pittsburgh, she asked that the bag be full of stuff Pittsburgh is famous for.
 
Here’s what filled her bags –

 
Anyone who’s been in Pittsburgh for more than 10 minutes knows the locals have a …distinct way of speaking so a printed version of this amazing “Pittsburghese” print by Ron Magnes was completely necessary for all the New Yorkers.

Source
And the rest…
The bag was a simple kraft paper bag from Hobby Lobby, but to jazz it up, I added a custom welcome label.

Here’s a closer look at all her custom stuff. 

 
I was, and still am, completely in love with these bags.  They turned out so great and were filled with things that are great examples of all the awesome things about Pittsburgh. 

So, what do you guys think?  Will you be creating OOTG Bags?  They’re kind of low on my priority list since the majority of our guests will be from out of town, but hopefully we’ll have the time and budget to do them!

And when I say we, I mean me.  You know Dude doesn’t have the patience for these silly details!

Pittsburghers – is there anything we missed putting in the bags?  Everyone else – what kind of items do you like to see in your OOTG bags?

No comments:

Post a Comment