Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wedding Signage Part 1


Like everyone else in the wedding planning world, I’ve got a whole list of signs I want to create/buy to place around our wedding venue.

I’ve actually got an entire Wedding Signage section on our massive To-Do list.

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Screenshot of To-Do List
Over the weekend, I was able to bang out a couple of these guys and I’m so happy with how they turned out! 

First up, remember our Save the Date chalkboard signs?

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Old Save the Date Signs

I was able to refinish and re-purpose them into these Come By… Say Hi! signs. 

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Come By Say Hi Signs

My plan is to have two empty chairs across from us at our sweetheart table.   I’ll hang the signs on the backs of the chairs and hopefully people will be able to come by and chat with us while we’re eating.  Be honest though...do you think anyone will take advantage of this??

My second check off the to-do list was actually for two signs - Since I first started wedding planning, I’ve been obsessed with those Here Comes Your Girl signs all over Pinterest.

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Here Comes Your Girl Inspiration Pic

My thrifty self sure as hell wasn’t going to pay $60 for a sign that will be used exactly one time, so I bought a couple of $5 plaques from Michael’s  - with 40% off coupons, of course!  Then I came home and raided my craft supply and found a giant white Sharpie pen and some orange craft paint.  Perfect!

We’ve been planning on having our Ring Bearer and Flower Girl walk down together, so I figure they’ll each get to hold one sign and Michael Will will be able to capture 2x the cuteness at once!

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Here Comes Your Girl Signs

I kind of hated the idea of hanging the signs around their neck, so I bought four of the cheapest cabinet handles I could find (roughly $1/each) and glued them to the back with Gorilla Glue.

Hopefully that will make them easier for RB Nephew and FG Niece to hold and carry down the aisle.

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Here Comes Your Girl Signs Back

I’m so pleased with how they turned out and I’m even more excited to cross these things off the To-Do list!  Isn’t it gratifying to actually be able to cross something off your to-do list?  Some weeks it feels like I’m constantly adding stuff and never checking anything off!

Stay tuned for updates on our wedding signage – I’m currently working on the Seat/Not a Side sign and our Instagram hashtag sign. 

Anyone else there making a bunch of singage for their wedding?  How are your signs coming?  More importantly, what have you checked off your giant to-do list recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment