Monday, March 10, 2014

Top of the Cake to You!

Please forgive the terrible pun in the title...  I couldn't think of anything creative so I just gave up and went with a Seinfeld/St. Patty's Day mashup. 


So anyways, me and Dude's custom cake topped arrived yesterday and I am absolutely, completely in LOVE! 
 
Dude...well...he said: "I'm a guy.  It's a cake topper.  Again, I'm a guy.  It is pretty cute though."
 
I know there are about eleventy billion cake topper options out there, ranging from traditional...
Doeblerghini Bunch:  Traditional Dancing Cake Topper
To funny...

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Funny Butt Pinch Cake Topper
To sweet...

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Sweet Cake Topper
To modern...
Doeblerghini Bunch:  We Do Wire Cake Topper
To nerdy...
Doeblerghini Bunch:  Tardis Cake Topper
or this one!
Doeblerghini Bunch:  Peg Link and Zelda Cake Topper
To totally off-the-wall and awesome...

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Zombie Fighter Cake Topper
Source
 
But one day I was browsing Etsy and came across Cynthia's shop - Top of the Cake.  Needless to say, I was sold immediately and all other cake topper options flew out the window.  She makes these adorable, whimsical, clay animal cake toppers.  Check it out - she does dinosaurs, alligators, sea turtles and so much more.  And she also does custom work, which is what we ordered!
 
Now, knowing us (or at least virtual us), our engagement shoot, and our love for the two furry babies in our lives...can you guess what our cake topper is??
 
Doeblerghini Bunch:  Pepper and Zeke Clay Cake Topper
 
IT'S PEPPER AND ZEKE DRESSED UP LIKE A LITTLE BRIDE AND GROOM. 
 
Sorry for the caps, it's just that they're so darn cute my fingers can't help but shout!
 
And to show you how detailed her work is, check out the side-by-side of our dogs in real life and in clay.
 
Doeblerghini Bunch:  Real Life/Topper Comparison
 
Pretty amazing, right?  I was blown away that she caught little details like the diamond on top of Zeke's head and Pepper's white eyebrows.
 
Now, I'm not going to lie, this cake topper was a big ol' splurge - a $75 splurge.  Yikes!  But honestly, I think it is such a perfect way to include the dogs in our wedding without going overboard and having our guests think we're crazy dog people.
 
Although, let's be real, we ARE crazy dog people, aren't we??
 
Either way, I have plans to turn it into a Christmas ornament after the wedding, so hopefully our adorable clay puppies will see years of use, instead of just one day. 
 
Now it's your turn - what does your cake topper look like?  Did any of you splurge on something silly (but totally worth it) like this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment