Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Thank You for Being a Friend: Parental Edition


I shared with you what I’m getting for my bridesmaids, but that’s not the end of our gift giving.  We still have to thank our parents.

Moms, Dads, you know what that means!  Get outta here!



My parents are giving us a significant amount of money to put towards the wedding, so we wanted to give them something that really showed our appreciation, without looking like we were trying to pay them back for the wedding.

So we’re getting them a weekend away at a B&B in Gettysburg (about an hour from their house).  I scored a pretty great deal through Groupon Getaways, so with the leftover money from our gifting budget I'm giving:

My scuba-diver Dad these awesome fish cufflinks.


Doeblerghini Bunch:  Thank You Gifts - Fish Cufflinks

We’ll also be purchasing a tie for him to wear on wedding day that coordinates with my Mom’s dress.  Once we get the tie, I plan on making a patch like this to sew inside. 

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Thank You Gifts - Tie Patch
So corny I'm almost embarassed, but I love it. 

My Mom was a bit tougher.  I wanted something she would appreciate, but she doesn’t really like stuff.  So I bought her this hankie and I also have a mani/pedi appointment scheduled for just us the day before the wedding. 


Doeblerghini Bunch:  Thank You Gifts - Embroidered Hankie

Of course we’ll also give my parents wedding albums, but I’m hoping to use those as wedding gifts! 

Dude’s parents have been very supportive of us; and Dude’s Mom is making a TON of cookies for our cookie table, so we had to give them a little something to say thank you too!

His Mom has always mentioned that she would love a hand-knit blanket so I’m busting out my needles and knitting her a blanket.  Although right now I love the blanket so much, I may keep it for myself…

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Thank You Gifts - Knitted Blanket in Progress
Proof that I'm actually working on it

If that’s the case, we’ll probably end up getting them theater tickets or a gift certificate for dinner.

And in the hopes of a two-fer, we’ll probably give them printed photos of the four of us from the wedding. 

 Dang!  This is another long post!  I guess I'll get to the groomsmen in yet another one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment