Friday, February 14, 2014

Sweating for the Wedding



Like pretty much every bride ever, I’ve been working out more consistently in the months leading up to our wedding.  If my generalization doesn’t apply to you, just skip this post – you lucky beeotch! 

My goal isn’t really to lose weight; it’s more to tone up.  Specifically my arms and my legs.   …And my butt, and my stomach, and…

But, let’s be real, if I happen to lose 10 pounds in the process, I’m not going to be overly disappointed.

My body type is what I would call skinny fat – I’m not overweight by any means, but I definitely can’t rock a bikini like I used to.

So, starting next week, I’m putting myself back on a Clean Eating diet and starting T25.   And as further motivation, I also bought myself a kickass pair of neon pink Merrell running shoes.

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Sweating for the Wedding - Pink Merrells
 Personal Photo

In an effort to keep me honest and from giving up halfway through the series like I normally would, I’m posting my before picture and stats; and I’ll update you weekly on my progress.

T25 is a 10-week program, so hopefully by the time I’m done with it, it’ll be warm enough to get back outside and re-start the Couch to 5K program. 

I guess I’ve put it off long enough – here’s my before picture and stats.

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Sweating for the Wedding - Before Pic
Personal Photo, sorry for the creepy look in my eyes and the half duck lips...

Weight:  128lbs
Chest:  36in
Waist:  25in
Hips:  36in
Thighs:  20.5in
Arms:  11in

Feel free to join me in my quest to get fitter before the wedding.  We can be workout buddies!  I’ll motivate you when you don’t want to do anything and you motivate me when all I want to do is eat brownies! 

Anyone else out there doing T25?  What do you think of it?  Do you have weight-loss goals for your wedding day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment