Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sprinkle Spangles

Anyone else remember that cereal?  I vividly remember my Mom wouldn't let me have it but I ended up trying a bowl at a friend's house and it was phenomenal to my 8-year-old palate.

Do yourself a favor and skip Googling them, otherwise you will go down this rabbit hole of awesome breakfast cereal from when you were a kid like Hidden Treasures, Rice Krispy Treats, Oreo-Os...

Doeblerghini Bunch: Sprinkle Spangles

So anyways... I’ve already told you about my sprinkle habit and our sprinkle wedding cake. 

Well…you didn’t think I’d be ok with having our baker pick out the sprinkles for our wedding cake did you??  Of course you didn’t, because that would be silly.  Why would you let the person you are paying to make your cake handle the decorating??   

Needless to say, last week, Dude and I spent $20 on “test” sprinkles.

We bought:
Doeblerghini Bunch:  Silver Sprinkles




Doeblerghini Bunch:  Neon Confetti

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Primary Colors Confetti

Not going to lie, I was positively gleeful as I was buying all these!  I was grinning like a maniac and I kept saying to myself “I can’t believe Dude is ok with me doing this!!”

It was a torturous 6 days before they all arrived, but yesterday the last pack (lime green latecomer) arrived, so I promptly forgot about working out and walking the dogs and making dinner and sat down to play with all our new candy.

Here’s what we came up with!


Confetti Mix (Personal Photo)

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Homemade Orange/Silver Sprinkle Mix
Orange and silver, heavy on the orange (Personal Photo)

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Homemade Sprinkle Mix - Everything
80’s Vomit (Personal Photo)

I think the confetti mix is the winner, what do you guys think? 

Dude is worried the bright colors will make our cake look like a kids toy instead of the pretty wedding cake we’re imagining.  I think there’s no way, but what do you think?

Do I need to buy more sprinkles??

No comments:

Post a Comment