Monday, January 27, 2014

Save the Dates!


I’ve been waiting and waiting until most of our guests received them, but I can’t wait anymore!  Back in October, Dude and I designed our Save-the-Dates.  

In November we finally bit the bullet and ordered them…and then proceeded to procrastinate on sending them out until just a couple of weeks ago. 

And you know why we finally sent them out?  Because the price of stamps was going up and I had already purchased all the postcard stamps we needed and I didn’t want to have to add a 3-cent stamp to our already crowded save-the-dates.

So anyways, here’s the front of our save-the dates, which took, believe it or not 6 rounds of editing between me and Dude.  I designed, he tweaked and in the end, I think it’s perfect! 

All photos in this post are personal; but the original engagement photo copyright belongs to Michael Will Photography.

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Save the Date Front

We actually had two versions of our save-the-dates.  One with a Mom-approved quote on the back.
Doeblerghini Bunch:  Mom-Approved Save the Date


And a second version with a much more “us” quote on the back.   
 Doeblerghini Bunch:  Fart Save the Date
Cool Story Bro:  Dude and I loved this quote so much that I actually turned it into typographic art and hung it in our bedroom. </csb>

Since we’ll most likely be printing and assembling our own initiations when the time comes, we figured now was as good a time as any to compare printing styles and quality between VistaPrint and Overnight Prints. 

So, we ordered the Mom-approved save-the-dates from Overnight Prints.  And the fart quote save-the dates from VistaPrint. 

To be honest, I can’t really see the difference until they’re next to each other, but you can kind of tell that the two grey backgrounds are different shades.

Doeblerghini Bunch: Save the Dates side-by-side
Top is Overnight Prints, bottom is VistaPrint
 
Doeblerghini Bunch: Save the Dates side-by-side
Left is Overnight Prints, right is VistaPrint
 What do you think? 

Of course, everything couldn’t be as smooth as the designing and printing of these bad boys. 

One morning, in the hopes of encouraging myself to actually address the darn things, I left the save-the-dates and a roll of 100 postcard stamps on our dining room table.  When I got home from work that afternoon, I found shreds of stamps all over our dining room floor.

Doeblerghini Bunch: Jacked Up Stamps

I guess Pepper got bored while we were at work and decided to check out all the goodies on the table.  Of course she couldn’t stand the perfect roll of stamps and it had to be destroyed.

I salvaged as many as I could, but eventually, that $4 I saved by buying my stamps before the price went up was totally lost by replacing stamps Miss Pepper ingested…

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Salvaged Stamps

Anyone else experience a stamp disaster with their invites or save the dates?  What do you think of ours?  Can you tell I  had to Photoshop Zeke’s head on the front of the postcards?    

No comments:

Post a Comment