Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Bridal Belt Bonanza

So you may remember that I purchased my wedding dress ages ago, but it was still missing one important accessory - the belt.

To refresh your memory:

Doeblerghini Bunch:  The Belt

I just couldn't bring myself to purchase it because I couldn't justify spending $500 on an  (admittedly gorgeous) accessory I'd wear once.

I searched and Googled for weeks and couldn't find the name or item number of the belt.  I looked EVERYWHERE and couldn't even find anything similar.

But all my Googling brought me to Etsy and Ingenue B.  She makes stunning bridal belts, sashes, headpieces and other goodies.

She didn't have anything resembling "my" belt, but I noticed that she did custom work.  So I emailed her a bit before Thanksgiving and with my notes, she was able to create my dream bridal belt.

It arrived last Wednesday and seriously, I am in freaking LOVE and I'm so, so, so happy I didn't spend the money on the belt at the bridal salon.

Check it out:

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Belt Detail 1

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Belt Detail 2

I don't know why I was taking pictures in my bathroom, but here's a picture of the belt all laid out and you can also see my old-ass bathroom sink and Dude's beard brush.

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Belt Laid Out

 And finally, here it is on me!

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Belt on Me

Obviously not a perfect match to the $500 belt from the boutique, but for roughly 1/4 of the price, I think I can deal!

I swear I'm not being paid or reimbursed in any way to sing the praises of Maris at Ingenue B! 

Has anyone else gotten some great custom work done on Etsy for your wedding or otherwise?  Anyone gotten some not-so-great custom pieces from Etsy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment