Friday, November 8, 2013

She (They) Said Yes!!

Well, all of my girls have received their “Will You Be My…” boxes so I can finally reveal them to you! 

I don’t know how they’ll stack up as the wedding moves forward, but as of right now, these boxes are my absolute favorite DIY project so far. 

I was inspired originally by this project, but decided to put my own little spin on it with those awesome wire hangers you see everywhere.

When the girls unwrapped and opened their boxes they saw this:


And then after removing packing material and a million pieces of tissue paper they saw this:

(Or two of them saw a hanger saying Matron of Honor)
True facts – I totally attempted to DIY those hangers and it was a big time fail.  Embarassingly big time fail.  I think you need to have some kind of artistic talent to begin with to be able to make these.  My handwriting is worse than a 4th grader’s so I keep telling myself that DIY was destined to fail. 

Thankfully, I was able to get hangers for ~$3.50/each on Etsy through Once Upon a Starfish.  Her production time is two-ish months, but if you have the time, I definitely recommend her!!    

I did do the wood burning myself though, I think that gave them a nice personal touch and I’m so excited to see a picture of all their dresses hanging up on the hangers!!


Someone remind me to tell them to bring those hangers to the wedding! 

To remove the hanger from the box, they needed to remove this card.  


I saw a card with a saying like this on Pinterest so I made one myself in Photoshop and had it printed through Snapfish for 50 cents a card.

Upon further inspection of the box there were these:

Paint Chip color swatches + Color Inspiration Photos
This was on the back side of the color inspiration photos to show the girls how awesome mismatched bridesmaids can look; but I'm an idiot and forgot to take a picture!  Woops!

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Mismatched Bridesmaids Card

And this sheet with dress options from a variety of sites for a variety of prices:


And some more detailed information about the wedding, including contact info for all the other wedding party people. 


And finally, some homemade sugar cookies!  

This was my second time attempting royal icing and some turned out great and others never really dried…Not sure what I did wrong, but I can tell you after waiting a day for them to dry, I sure as hell wasn’t baking another batch or buying any more stupid meringue powder.

Is that word even spelled right??

I also made a special box for our flower girl.

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Flower Girl Box & Shirt



And ring bearer.

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Ring Bearer Box & Shirt

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Ring Bearer Box Contents

His cookies were definitely my favorite.  If I had any dough left I was going to spell my name out in cookies but I Dude ended up eating a little too much of the raw dough!

So far the best response to the boxes has been from MOH Hoboken. 

Doeblerghini Bunch:  Cutest Yes

Did any of you ask your bridesmaids in a special way?  What was their reaction?  What percentage of your dining room table was covered with crafting supplies?

No comments:

Post a Comment